Residence permit in Sweden

Our law firm goes wholeheartedly into every case concerning a residence permit and spends the time required to complete the process as quickly as possible with the best possible outcome.

or Call 0046 10 179 69 00

How we work:

Step 1

Contact us and tell us more about your existing situation and what help you are looking for.

Step 2

Within the framework of an advisory meeting, you will, with the help of our lawyers, be informed about your legal right to stay in Sweden. The alternatives and conditions that are most relevant to you will be presented.

Step 3

After the lawyer and you arrive at an individual action plan, a power of attorney is signed. The lawyer then begins the process, in order to complete the assignment in the best possible way.

Contact us today and talk to one of our lawyers.

Book an appointment

Or email:

On what grounds can I apply for a residence permit in Sweden?

Depending on what future plans, opportunities and intentions you have, you can move to Sweden and apply for a residence permit. The residence permit can refer to a specific time (temporary residence permit or without a time limit (permanent residence permit).

Call 0046 10 179 69 00

Work permit

If you have been offered employment in Sweden and meet the employment conditions, you can apply for a work permit. To obtain a work permit, you must have a valid passport, you must have a valid passport, have been offered a collective agreement salary that is at least above the level that is the minimum requirement according to the industry, and amounts to at least SEK 13,000 per month. The employer must also insure comprehensive insurance and that other terms of employment are met. According to the main rule, the current permit must be applied for from the home country or from the country in which you have a valid permit.

Call 0046 10 179 69 00

Start your own company

If you are interested in starting your own company in Sweden, you can apply for a residence permit by self-employment. It is important that you show that you have previous experience of establishing and running a company. You must also have financial means to support yourself and your family during the first two years that the permit is temporary. In addition to this, you must also show that you have the financial means to be able to make an investment.

Call 0046 10 179 69 00

Residence permit due to studies

If you intend to study in Sweden for longer than 3 months, you can apply for a residence permit due to studies. You can apply for various forms of education and obtain an extended residence permit, provided that you have demonstrated acceptable progress in your studies and met all the requirements for the current permit.

Call 0046 10 179 69 00


You can apply for asylum in Sweden if you are persecuted or risk persecution or inhuman treatment towards your home country. To apply for asylum, you must either be in Sweden or on the border with Sweden.

Call 0046 10 179 69 00

Make an appointment with one of our lawyers who will review your case